Download Into The Dead APK today for some zombie-packed action. Release yourself from the shackles of boredom and monotony with this fast-paced game of the moment!
About Into The Dead
Into The Dead is a zombie-themed game full of action and terror. Developed by PikPok, it is an endless runner game played in the first person. Into The Dead was released on the 6th of December, 202. A sequel, Into The Dead 2, was released on the 28th of August, 2017.
Like Temple Run and Subway Surf, this game has you run through an endless landscape brimming with the undead. You must move left or right as you run to dodge the zombies. Colliding with a zombie ends the game. The further you go in the game, the more undead appears. The game is pretty simple in this sense.
Into The Dead combines shooting, zombie, and runner themes to give quite the thrill. Although they don't do much good against close-up zombies, weapons are available for defense. This is something that is not present in most runner games.
The visuals are nice and kept to the point, proving less is sometimes more in game design.
Into The Dead Gameplay
The gameplay is easy to get used to but does not stop it from being exciting or intense. The game story starts with you in a helicopter and moves to the helicopter burning in a distant field. Unfortunately, you're running the other way, and zombies crowd your path.
As explained earlier, you keep running and avoiding or killing zombies until you get killed by a zombie or arrive at the end of the path. That never happens, though, seeing as the landscape is endless.
Into The Dead has three play modes:
- Survival Mode: This is the only mode available at the start of the game. This mode starts with some solid advice: Stay Alive As You Can. The aim is to keep swerving to avoid zombies and keep your life as long as possible.
- Massacre Mode: In massacre mode, you keep moving left and right to avoid the undead, but your kills are tracked here. The number of zombies you kill is recorded. Also, there are no cornfields in the landscape.
- Hardcore Mode: Here, the cornfields are present, but there are more zombies than in the other modes. You get to pick your weapons before meeting the zombies, but your ammunition supply is limited.
Into The Dead is free to play. This is good, amazing even, but the ads can sometimes be a source of discouragement. The game is playable on PCs and mobiles including Androids, iOS, and macOS.
The Game's Interactive Features
Into The Dead is your classic running game where you must keep moving until you can't. To keep it from being a bore, the developers added other features. Of course, there's no playing the game without arming yourself with knowledge about its peculiarities, so here you go!
- Weapons: These can be picked up from crates while you run. You're armed with a weapon when you run over a weapon crate. The weapons range from shotguns to chainsaws, a well-rounded mix. In this game, the weapons are unlocked at a regular pace. This way, even if you can't pay to unlock them early, you can use the weapons later in the game. Be warned, the weapons at the start are not so impressive. Imagine using a Nerf gun to kill a zombie. Be prepared to swerve zombies for your life at the beginning of the game. It's the only way you'll survive.
- Zombies: The zombies are the obstacles in the game. Swipe your screen or swerve to the left or right to avoid them. Avoiding them is the only way you can get through the game. The longer you run, the more often you come across these guys.
- Virtual Currency: Although Into The Dead is a free game, it is monetized using a virtual currency system. For each run, you earn several coins depending on how far you go in the game. These coins can be spent on boosts. The boosts are usually one-ff boosts, such as skipping the first 1000 meters or starting the game with a weapon in hand. You can also pay to unlock weapons before they're due to be unlocked.
- Missions: Complete missions to unlock more weapons and make them available for collection in the game.
The Makers of Into The Dead
Into The Dead is powered by PikPok, a leading developer and publisher of addictive games. Since its establishment in 1997, this gaming software company has dedicated itself to creating fun games with designs and technologies of high quality. PikPok is based in New Zealand and Colombia. However, the team comprises passionate people from all over the world.
This company has birthed several successful games. Some are Into The Dead 2, Shatter, Super Monsters Ate My Condo, and Rival Stars. The games are available on App Store and Google Play.
Into The Dead's saving grace is the attention PikPok paid to detail. It could have easily been the boring game that gamers keep dormant on their devices. Instead, every part of the gaming experience is enticing from start to finish. If you're not scared of zombies, that is. Getting to kill them might erase that fear, so this is one game to give a chance.
Like most freemium games, Into The Dead comes with in-app purchases. The good thing is, you don't have to make these purchases. The free weapons are okay to use, but if you want something that packs more power, you'll have to drop some dough.
Into The Dead is a game that keeps you on your toes. It is the perfect swirl of fun and intensity while feeding your eyes with gruesomeness. So try it out for yourself and see what the fuss is!